When homemaking is part of your care plan or is requested as a stand-alone program, Creative Solutions in Home Health will assign a homemaker to visit you at home.
Homemakers will assist those individuals who require socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a protected environment. The homemaker will also perform home management services within the client’s home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accompanies patient/client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, etc.
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment. Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Assists patient/client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc.
- Informs staffing coordinator of any changes in assignment.
- Maintains a safe home environment for the client.
- May perform light housework to maintain a clean, neat environment.
- May plan light housekeeping tasks such as preparation of a meal or laundering clothes.
- Participates in appropriate recreational activities and hobbies for social and sensory stimulation.
- Provides companionship by reading, conversation, and listening.
- Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
Please call us today at 561-412-4077 for more information or to request for a home care assessment.